SURFWORCESTER

 


A VICTORIAN VIEW OF THE WORKS FROM THE NORTH WEST (SEVERN STREET IS IN THE FOREGROUND).
THE CHAMBERLAIN TEA ROOMS, OPENED IN 1931, WAS SITUATED IN THE CENTRAL COURTYARD, A VERY OLD PART OF THE WORKS. HARRY DAVIS, THE RENOWNED WORCESTER ARTIST, WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DRAWING. UNFORTUNATELY THE BUILDINGS WERE DEMOLISHED SHORTLY AFTER THE END OF WORLD WAR TWO.
 IMPORTANT DATES
1788 CONSTRUCTION OF FACTORY BEGUN BY ROBERT CHAMBERLAIN (DIES 1798)
1798 HUMPHREY & ROBERT CHAMBERLAIN JUNIOR TAKE CONTROL
1804 EDWARD BOULTON JOINS COMPANY AS DIRECTOR 
1811 HUMPHREY & ROBERT CHAMBERLAIN JUNIOR BACK IN CONTROL
1828 WALTER CHAMBERLAIN & JOHN LILY IN CONTROL
1840 CHAMBERLAIN FACTORY EFFECTIVELY TAKES OVER CONTROL OF WARMSTRY FACTORY WHICH IS CLOSED
1850 W.H. KERR JOINS COMPANY
1851 R.W. BINNS ENTERS INTO PARNERSHIP WITH KERR
1862 THE WORCESTER ROYAL PORCELAIN COMPANY IS FORMED
1889 GRAINGER FACTORY ACQUIRED
1891 DYSON PERRINS BECOMES A DIRECTOR
1902 GRAINGER PRODUCTION TRANSFERRED TO MAIN SITE
1905 WRPC ACQUIRE HADLEY FACTORY
1934 NEW COMPANY FORMED BY DYSON PERRINS
1951 PRINCESS ELIZABETH, THE FUTURE QUEEN, VISITS SITE & OPENS DYSON PERRINS MUSEUM

RETURN TO MAP